Meat and poultry are important sources of protein and many other nutrients. They also have benefits beyond their protein content. They are also rich in iron, zinc, B vitamins, and amino acids. They’re also great sources of niacin, vitamin B6 and phosphorus. Vitamin B12 is the only vitamin that almost exclusively comes from animal sources. Eating lean meat and poultry as part of a balanced diet is an easy way to get essential nutrients. Including meat and poultry as part of a healthy diet can lead to improved blood lipid profiles, increased intakes of micronutrients, such as B vitamins and iron, and decreased risk for developing chronic disease. Reducing red meat intake has been suggested as one strategy to improve diet quality; however, this does not necessarily lead to better health outcomes. In fact, there are many benefits to including meat in your balanced diet. Keep reading to learn why you should be eating more meat and poultry and from where you can order meat online In UAE.
The word “meat” encompasses a wide variety of food products derived from livestock, including beef, pork, lamb, and poultry (chicken, duck, geese, and turkeys). The meat we eat is broken down by our bodies into protein, essential fats, vitamins, and minerals. Animal proteins, as well as other food sources of protein, are important for growth and repair throughout our bodies. Protein from animal sources is considered “complete” protein, meaning that it contains all of the essential amino acids our bodies cannot produce on their own. It’s important to eat a variety of protein-rich foods—including meat and other animal products, beans and legumes, and whole grains—to get all of the amino acids you need every day.
The Nutritional Value of Meat and Poultry
Meat and poultry are excellent sources of protein, vitamins and minerals, and essential fatty acids. These foods also provide significant amounts of iron, zinc, B vitamins, and selenium.
Benefits of Consuming Meat and Poultry
The benefits of consuming meat and poultry could include helping to prevent obesity, improving cardiovascular health, and even reducing the risk of some cancers.
Here are some of the key benefits of including meat and poultry in your diet:
- High-quality protein – A healthy diet should include lean proteins. Eating a variety of protein-rich foods—including meat and other animal products, beans and legumes, and whole grains—will help you meet your daily protein needs while controlling your overall calories and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Vitamins and minerals – Meat and poultry are excellent sources of vitamins and minerals, especially B vitamins and iron. Potassium – Meat contains potassium, which is important for maintaining blood pressure levels.
- Selenium – Selenium is an essential trace mineral that plays an important role in our immune system.
How to Incorporate Meat in a Healthy Diet
The types and quality of meat and poultry you eat are important. It is equally important to buy the best quality, fresh meat and poultry. You can order meat online in UAE from Quoodo. When choosing your protein, look for lean cuts of meat. These have less fat than other cuts and are a good source of protein and iron. Select smaller portions of lean meats to keep calories and saturated fat intake in check. Here are some tips for including meat and poultry in a healthy diet:
- Eat a wide variety of lean protein-rich foods. This includes beans, eggs, milk, nuts, seeds, and soy products, as well as meat and poultry.
- Choose smaller portions of lean meats and fish, and eat vegetables and whole grains as alternatives to increase fiber intake and reduce saturated fat intake.
- Limit processed meats, such as hot dogs, salami, and bologna, that are high in sodium and preservatives.
Buy Fresh Meat Online in the UAE from Quoodo
Quoodo offers a wide variety of fresh meat online for delivery in the UAE. From chicken and beef to lamb and even duck and turkey, you can choose from a range of meat products, order meat online, and have them delivered straight to your door. All meat products on Quoodo are ethically sourced from local farms. You can also enjoy free delivery when you order meat online from Quoodo!