Two-way radios took the communication enterprises by storm. Even when the whole country of Australia was transformed by digital communication tools and internet connectivity, two-way radios were still in demand even to this day. However, two-way radios can never compete with the functionality of a cellular phone. And to solve this problem, PTT over cellular radio came into play, allowing wireless cellular devices to change into voice reception mode at the push of a button. PTT allows cell phones to switch to the walkie-talkie mode, making it easier for users to talk on demand without using the allotted minutes of a certain cellular network plan.
PTT technology is used by hundreds of thousands of companies and industries across Australia and is even used by large service enterprises to make their communications as seamless as possible. And the various advantages of a PTT over a cellular radio system are listed below:
- Conventional radios are not ideal for communicating over long distances, and even if they do, it’s because of equipment and accessories that increase the range and amplify the power. But with PTT, people can use cellular radio to talk to the members locally, anywhere in the country, and in any corner of the globe.
- With just a press of a button on the phone, PTT allows users to open a channel instantly. The channel is a private network that is secure and closed with high-level encryption, so people don’t have to worry about anyone else spying or eavesdropping on the channel.
- PTT devices have the best sound quality compared to regular radios, and with the latest noise cancelling features, individuals can talk clearly in even the harshest of environments. High sound quality also ensures that users don’t miss out on any crucial details or get audio cracks between transmissions.
- There are a lot of features that businesses in Australia can take advantage of in a PTT communication system. For instance, PTT applications can support group calls, individuals calling instantly and connect to Wifi or LAN communication networks.
- Another great advantage of a PTT system is the reduction of costs since the initial investment for the system and the infrastructure is less. PTT radio systems can use various applications that help workers track materials, take surveys of all assets, and inspect and maintain sites. And considering the cost, this is highly beneficial, especially if the person is working in a dangerous or harsh environment and requires constant and clear communication. Tallying up all the costs, it’s far cheaper for businesses in Australia to use PTT radio systems over regular radio networks.
- The user can access better functionality at their fingertips, and analysts can also interpret the recorded data to make adjustments or other immediate changes. This means more information is readily available in less time, and companies don’t have to spend more time and effort training and sending specialists to sites and workspaces.
Combining all these aspects of PTT over cellular radio, it is clear that the safety factor is huge in PTT technology, and workers spend less time in hazardous areas to get the required data. And the less exposed they are, the better it will be in the long run. Moreover, thanks to instant communication at the push of a button, workers can call or signal each other or their superiors in case of an accident and act immediately without delay. This will help save costs of repair and move quickly to protect the assets before danger strikes. That said, companies in Australia that don’t use PTT technology are surely missing out!